Activity of GLIA
1. Industrial promotional activity:-
- Organization of seminar to give the awareness about Govt. Notification/Policy/Amendment etc to the members.
- Arrangement of meeting with competent authority to re-present the issue if any affecting the industry adversely.
- To inform members regarding industrial exhibition being organized at different places.
- To print & publish the members’ directory.
2. Development and maintenance of infrastructure in the Estate:-
- Planning and monitoring the implementation of infrastructure project in the estate under industrial policy of the State Government.
- Maintenance of infrastructures of the estate in order to survive their usefulness for longer.
3. Cleanliness of Estate.
- To undertake estate cleaning activity to maintain it neat and clean.
- Due to outstanding performance of GLIA in this arena, estate was awarded as No.1 Clean Industrial Estate of the state under Nirmal Gujarat Abhiyan 2007.
- Thereafter in competition of GIDC Swachhata Abhiyan 2016, the estate was also awarded for securing 2nd rank as one of the clean estates of GIDC.
4. Environmental activity.
- To encourage the plantation for protection of environment in the estate.
- Activity for maintaining healthy atmosphere in the estate.
5. Social and Educational activity.
- Organization of Mega blood donation camp in the estate periodically to serve needy patient.
- To provide free medical facility through it dispensary in its emergency centre.
- To provide fire brigade services in surrounding area through its emergency centre.
- To support social upliftment by creating an employment opportunity to un employed youth by providing industrial training in skill development centre.
- To enhance skill and competitiveness of the existing employees of the MSMEs in skill development centre.